Posted: June 14, 2012
An official Catholic Mobilizing Network State Partner helps facilitate the national mission of CMN by:
- Connecting Catholics across the state who are interested in education, advocacy and dialogue related to ending the use of the death penalty
- Identifying key contacts, including Catholic leaders, institution leaders, legislators, Hispanic groups, and others
- Facilitating communication among Catholics in the state, encouraging action when appropriate
- Providing educational opportunities to encourage a better understanding of the Church’s teaching on this important pro-life issue (Take advantage of CMN speakers, CMN workshops or find appropriate speakers from within your state to do so.)
- Encouraging dialogue and prayer among Catholics and members of other faith groups
- Strategically placing CMN materials throughout the state, encourage their use widely
- Create forums for communication on the state level, using technology and social networking sites, as needed
CMN is grateful for the volunteer work that the CMN State Coordinator provides in assisting in our mission. To the extent that we are able, CMN will reimburse pre-approved expenses, such as postage and necessary travel, for work done related the tasks above.
To express interest or get more information please contact CMN Director for Catholic State Networks and Organizations Cathy Jarboe.