– October 16, 2013 –
“I’m proud to donate because CMN has given life to the Bishops campaign to end the use of the death penalty. Thank you!”
Donors choose “CMN Stewards Circle”
Since the Catholic Mobilizing Network announced our $50,000 matching grant challenge two weeks ago, we’ve gone from having raised just under 3% to over 20% of our goal to raise $50,000 by December 31st!
We are thankful that a number of you have generously stepped up to contribute an amount that makes sense for you. The Catholic Mobilizing Network has received dozens of contributions ranging from $5 up to $300, and because of the matching grant from the Congregation of St. Joseph Ministries, each dollar donated will be doubled once we hit the goal of $50,000.
Here are some of the ways CMN members can participate:
- Plan now to make a special personal or family gift toward this campaign before the end of the year.
- Today, join the CMN Stewards Circle by committing to a monthly contribution. Think of it as if the collection plate is coming around while you are at Mass. What will you put in the plate? All you have to do is click here, and check the box indicating that you want to make a recurring contribution. It’s that simple.
- If you can’t make a monthly commitment, please make a contribution today in whatever amount works for you to help us boost the momentum for this campaign!
- Ask your Parish Respect Life and Social Justice committees to make a special effort to raise funds specifically during Respect Life Month, and split those funds between CMN and the main anti-death penalty organization in your state if your state has the death penalty, or a local agency providing services for the survivors of homicide victims. Contact us for assistance finding organizations to consider.
- Ask your Priest to write a check to CMN (or give online) from his discretionary fund.
- Ask others to join you in supporting CMN. When you make your contribution online, you will receive the tools to send e-mails to your friends, family, and colleagues, and to post about the campaign using Twitter and Facebook.
- Donate stock. (Contact us for details.)
And the new name is…
As you know, the other goal with our capacity-building campaign is to develop a sustaining network of more than 100 monthly donors who each support CMN with at least $5 every month. There are now 10 members of the CMN Stewards Circle giving at $5(x3), $8.50, $10, $18, $25(x2), $35, and $50 every month!
Thank you to all of the CMN donors who participated in the survey to help us determine the name of our new monthly donor program. And because of your suggestions, we’ll have some more exciting news about the CMN Stewards Circle coming soon.
With nine recurring donors so far, we’re looking for at least 90 more by Dec 31st… Are you one of the first 100 CMN Stewards? Get in on the ground floor now – just select the recurring donation option when prompted as you make your donation. Thank you!