– November 15, 2013 –
“I’m proud to donate because CMN has given life to the bishops campaign to end the use of the death penalty. Thank you!”
Since the Catholic Mobilizing Network announced our $50,000 matching grant challenge in September, CMN supporters have rallied to bring in more than $25,000 towards our goal to raise $50,000 by December 31st!
“The word is out that CMN is making a difference – changing hearts and minds through educational resources and programs, and speaking across the country,” said Karen Clifton, the full-time volunteer serving as the executive director of CMN. “I know there are many people who understand the need for CMN to be a self-sustaining organization and they are stepping up and donating to make that happen. We are grateful to the Congregation of St. Joseph for providing a way for donors to double their gift through a matching grant.”
In the past 10 weeks, CMN has received contributions ranging from $5 to $1,000, and because of the matching grant from the Congregation of St. Joseph Ministries, each dollar donated will be doubled once we hit the goal of $50,000. We are thankful that so many supporters have generously stepped up to contribute.
Become a CMN monthly donor…
A second goal of CMN’s capacity-building campaign is to develop a sustaining network of more than 100 monthly donors who each support CMN with at least $5 every month. To date, 12 people are generously giving every month as part of our CMN Steward Circle. Are you able to be one of the first 100 CMN Stewards? Get in on the ground floor now – just check the box when prompted as you make your donation. Thank you!
- Plan now to make a special personal or family gift toward this campaign before the end of the year.
- Today, join the CMN Steward Circle by committing to a monthly contribution. All you have to do is click here, and check the box indicating that you want to make a recurring contribution. It’s that simple.
- If you can’t make a monthly commitment, please make a one time contribution today to help us boost the momentum for this campaign!
- Ask your Parish Respect Life and Social Justice committees to make a special effort to raise funds for this work.
- Ask your Bishop or Priest to write a check to CMN (or give online) from his discretionary fund.
- Ask others to join you in supporting CMN. When you make your contribution online, you will receive the tools to send e-mails to your friends, family and colleagues, and to post about the campaign using Twitter and Facebook.
- Donate stock. (Contact us for details.)
This article was first featured in the November 2013 CMN Newsletter.