Cardinal McCarrick announced his pledge to donate $1,000 to the Catholic Mobilizing Network from his private funds.
With just two weeks until the end of the year, CMN supporters are chipping in with donations of all sizes to ensure that the Catholic Mobilizing Network meets the $50,000 matching grant challenge. With nearly $40,000 received since mid-September, you can make it possible for CMN to achieve its goal to raise $50,000 by December 31st!
“Because of you, the Catholic Mobilizing Network is able to educate Catholics about the broad pro-life narrative of our Church,” said Karen Clifton, executive director of CMN. “By providing financial resources you are participating in this ministry and helping change the culture of violence within this country.”
Just last week, Theodore Cardinal McCarrick, Archbishop Emeritus of Washington, D.C., lauded CMN as the only national Catholic organization focused on educating Catholics about restorative justice and ending the death penalty in the United States. We are so grateful that Cardinal McCarrick has challenged others to follow his example with his pledge of support of $1,000 to the Catholic Mobilizing Network from his private funds.
Because of the matching grant from the Congregation of St. Joseph Ministries, each dollar donated will be doubled once we hit the goal of $50,000. We are thankful that so many supporters have generously stepped up to contribute an amount that makes sense for them.
CMN Introduces Exclusive Steward Circle Lapel Pin
A second goal of CMN’s capacity-building campaign is to develop a sustaining network of more than 100 monthly donors who each support CMN with at least $5 every month. There are now 17 members of the CMN Steward Circle giving every month.
When you become a member of the CMN Steward Circle, you will receive this exclusive lapel pin featuring CMN’s logo. You are among the first CMN supporters to receive this offer. To receive your exclusive CMN Steward Circle lapel pin, just check the box to make your donation a monthly gift when you click here. Become a CMN Steward today!
Here are some of the ways CMN members are participating in this effort:
- Plan now to make a special personal or family gift toward this campaign before the end of the year.
- Today, join the CMN Steward Circle by committing to a monthly contribution. All you have to do is click here, and check the box indicating that you want to make a recurring contribution. It’s that simple.
- If you can’t make a monthly commitment, please make a one-time contribution today in whatever amount works for you to help us boost the momentum for this campaign!
- Ask your Parish Respect Life and Social Justice committees to make a special effort to raise funds for this work.
- Ask your Bishop or Priest to write a check to CMN (or give online) from his discretionary fund.
- Ask others to join you in supporting CMN. When you make your contribution online, you will receive the tools to send e-mails to your friends, family and colleagues, and to post about the campaign using Twitter and Facebook.
- Donate stock. (Contact us for details.)
This article was first featured in the December 2013 CMN Newsletter.