The Catholic Mobilizing Network offers spring, fall and summer semester internship opportunities. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Internship.” Please include the dates you are available to intern and the number of hours you are able to commit per week. Contact email@example.com with questions or call our main office at 202-541-5290.
About Catholic Mobilizing Network (CMN)
Catholic Mobilizing Network is a national organization that mobilizes Catholics and all people of good will to value life over death, to end the use of the death penalty, to transform the U.S. criminal justice system from punitive to restorative, and to build capacity in U.S. society to engage in restorative practices. Through education, advocacy and prayer, and based on the Gospel value that every human is created in the image and likeness of God, CMN expresses the fundamental belief that all those who have caused or been impacted by crime should be treated with dignity. CMN works in close collaboration with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and lives the Spirit of Unity of its sponsor, the Congregation of St. Joseph.
We share our message at the national and local level, working closely with state Catholic conferences, dioceses, congregations, Catholic organizations and secular state-based organizations. Our committed staff is based in our Washington DC office conveniently located near the Brookland/CUA metro station.
About CMN Internship Opportunities
CMN seeks to provide an enriching internship experience that acknowledges the skills and interests of each individual intern as well as the needs of our organization. Interning at CMN is a chance to be part of the Catholic movement to end the use of the death penalty and promote restorative justice in the U.S. The internship provides a hands-on, nonprofit experience and the opportunity to build practical and research skills.
Generally, intern duties fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Research and write about issues related to the death penalty and restorative justice
- Assist in social media outreach
- Update CMN databases and learn the basics of website and fundraising software tools
- Update and assist with website content and materials
- Contribute to resource development and material creation
- Work with other staff as needed on a variety of projects
Many of this position’s responsibilities focus on communications work (social media, website, etc.), but flexibility exists for the exact skills and interests of the individual. Opportunities for graphic design and writing exist, and CMN does its best to give each intern one larger programmatic effort that s/he can oversee for an entire semester.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft office suite
- Comfort communicating by phone and email
- Proficiency with multiple social media platforms
- Ability to learn how to use client relationship management databases (e.g. SalsaLabs)
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with or openness to learning more about Catholic social justice teaching, the death penalty and larger criminal justice issues
Salary: Internships are unpaid, but CMN is willing to work with your school or university to offer credit.
How to Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship Application.”